Project Coordinator at St. Stanislav’s Institution: Alenka Battelino
Start date: 1. 9. 2017
End date: 31. 8. 2020
Coordinating Institution: Wellington School, Ayr, UK
- SUGS Georgi Dimitrov, Skopje, Macedonia
- Escola Secundaria Henrique Medina, Esposende, Portugal
- Wellington School, Ayr, Scotland, the UK
- Mallinckrodt-Gymnasium, Dortmund, Germany
- Institut saint Dominique, Mortefontaine, France,
- Colegiul National “Constantin Cantacuzino”, Targoviste, Romania
- Sredno obshtoobrazovatelno uchilishte Emilyan Stanev, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
- St. Stanislav’s Institution, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Project in the programme: Erasmus +, KA 2 (schools only)
General Description of the Project:
Eurostronomia is an Erasmus+ project connecting eight schools in eight countries namely Bulgaria, France, Germany, Macedonia, Portugal, Romania, the UK, Scotland and Slovenia.
The main theme is Astronomy and through our collaboration we will strengthen STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) skills, communication skills and European citizenship. /Alenka Battelino, project coordinator/
News about the project:
Eurostronomia, Erasmus+, Transnational Project Meeting 1
From 22nd to 24th September 2017 the first Transnational project meeting of the project Eurostonomia, Erasmus+, took place in Mortefontaine. Three teachers from St. Stanislav’s took part: Tine Golež, Martin Čokl and Alenka Battelino.
We enjoyed the hospitality of the partner school OGEC Saint Dominique. All the partners participated in reviewing the application and intensively planning the activities for the first year. The first stargazing activity was organized by our enthusiastic physics teachers and we were discovering star constellations beyond the familiar ones. We all look forward to working together and opening new horizons in the field of astronomy through diverse perspectives.
We are glad to announce that the first Learning Teaching Activity will take place in Slovenia at St. Stanislav’s from 10th to 16th April 2018.